Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An Alabama Rig Experiment

Finally got a chance to head back out to Lake Guntersville last Sunday.  The weather was just right-warm and foggy.  It is just the kind of morning you dream about when catching a trophy bass is in the mix.  Of course my bait of choice for the day was the infamous Alabama Rig.  I know several of my close buddies are against the Rig and some are very much for it.  Personally, I do not have a strong stance either way.  I do know one thing for sure, if I don't figure out the ends and outs of it and quick or I will continue to get my eyes beat in by it.  Every boat you see at Guntersville has one tied on and rightfully so.  I didn't exactly catch a ton of fish, but the few I did catch were good ones!  I didn't even have that many of the same colored swimbaits in the boat, or much less good swimbait heads to throw them on.  Getting a basstrix swimbait and a J-Will swimbait head will just about cost you an arm and a leg these days. Anyways it was a really fun trip Sunday and here are just a couple of pictures from the day. 





On another note, I am really going to try and be loyal to this blog.  I know I have thought that before but I recently talk to Tyler Brinks and he re-entergized me to give this another shot.  Hope everyone enjoys reading!!

War Eagle!

1 comment: