Monday, October 17, 2011

Major League Fishing

I can't really decide which way to go with this new fishing show?  Will it be a new fad of flop?  Pay-per-view to see the first event in January?  I have heard from several people that if you were starting a new fishing venture you should stay away from the fishing industry.  I've heard over and over how tough it is to get a business going in this hurting economic time.  With all of that said, I believe that if anyone could be successful with a start-up it would be Boyd Duckett.  Probably one of the best business entrepreneurs in the fishing world, he has been successful in several businesses.  He is owner at Southern Tank Leasing, owner of his own rod company, singer/songwriter, and now this TV adventure. 



Recently BassFan posted an article regarding a rule change in the show.  It says that "MLF Scraps The Free-Encroachment Option" but now anglers will be able to toss out buoys that will enable no other angler to approach within 50 yards of that buoy.  This seems like it might spark a little bit of controversy in tournaments, especially with lakes being cut into sections.  These anglers already are finding the same spots with the whole lake being available, so now what.  


I know several of my friends will for sure stayed tuned into the opening show and I will for sure pay the $2.99 to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment