Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lake Harding

Got to head over to Lake Harding last friday.  It took over 20lbs to win a local tournament there the Sunday before!  Granted, 12lbs was second, but that is still a pretty hefty bag of fish.  My brother had been over to the lake about a week ago and said that it was rolling mud.  I expected the water to still be muddy but surprisingly enough it had cleared up a good bit.  Went a couple of hours with only two or so bites so I thought it was time to change up a bit.  What do I pull out?  Yes, the A-Rig.


I am trying to really learn how to throw this bait and have been experimenting with the different head weights and sizes.  My swimbait head of choice is the J-Will Buckeye Head from Buckeye.  They come with a massive 5/0 hook so you can keep those fish pinned.


On another note, I heard that the first round of MLF results have been posted.  I have heard that one angler caught over 50 lbs the first day of the initial Amistad tournament on, of course, the Alabama Rig.  It is noteworthy though that I think you weigh and count every fish you catch though.  So could have this person just caught 25 2lb fish?  I do not really get this tournament rule, but maybe I will have a better understanding soon.  Let me know your thoughts on this!!  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment